Ok one of the fun shady internet activities I'm fond of is peer-to-peer TV watching. Its still a new technology and is also pretty much not really legal since its the rebroadcast of copyrighted shows, but when it works, I can sit here in front of my PC and watch any NFL game I feel like. Open up a browser window next to it, and end result is that I've got a NFL Sunday Ticket in the window next to this one I'm typing in. And my St. Louis kitties get to watch their team also :)
So here's how I'm doing it.
The one-stop-shop website that makes it all happen is http://www.myp2p.eu/. This site is basically your global online peer2peer sports portal. Its mainly used by my imported friends to watch their home country play soccer games, and other global type sports, but there is a good sized NFL crowd also, as witnessed in their NFL forums during game days.
My experience to date has been with an application called TVAnts. Its a Asian program, with the majority of users and channels being Chinese, so when you install and it open it, you'll instantly be puzzled by all the Chinese "letters" all over the place. Don't let it bother you though, because your time spent navigating the TVAnts menus will be minimal if any at all.
To install TVAnts, go to the website above, and click on Software on the top menu. Locate TVAnts in the list of programs and click it. Find a location to download from and then download it. Simple install, just take the defaults.
Ok so now with it installed you'll be able to open links in your browser for TVAnts.
So go back to the mainpage of the http://www.myp2p.eu/ site, and at the top click on Live Sports. Then click on Am. Football on the top menu and there should be a list of games. I'm pretty sure the links only go active when the actual game starts so if its not on yet, don't expect the links to be up or work. Once the game starts, click on the little TV icon to the right of your game and there should be at least a link or two pointing to streams of your game. Hopefully there will be a TVAnts link. There might be other types of links, but I only have experience with TVAnts and also a website called Justin.tv which has horrible quality and goes down a lot. So if fortune smiles upon you, there will be a TVAnts link. Click it, and TV Ants should launch your channel. Be patient during the start up, it can take a full 2 or 3 minutes for the stream to buffer and start. But usually once it gets going it gets better the longer you run it, and its been very stable in my experience.
Okay so that's the basics, on that site there is a forums section and during game days the NFL forum is pretty busy so if you are having problems you can browse the NFL forum there and see if others are having problems also. Like I said this is an emerging technology and its also being run from China or something so a little patience goes a long way.
Ok so that's how I watch my games.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment