Thursday, January 15, 2009

Technical Dificulties

My main computer that I just installed the RAID card in, is having problems. Multiple keyboards that don't work in the BIOS setup screen,... not recognizing the RAID card, Vista is choppy and the sounds are all choppy and sound like they are underwater. So this weekend I'll put her on the operating table and spill computer guts all over the place to isolate what's failing (my main suspect is the motherboard) and maybe I'll be able to get the parts locally. We'll see but for the moment the FTP is down, but soon I'll probably change it back to only the couple of MP3 category folders that are local to the FTP server.

Update Fri Morning: Weeellllll.... maybe its a heat problem. After being turned off overnight, when I woke up I powered it up and everything is fine. My array is still there (whew), and performance is good. Suspicion now goes to the chipset cooling. So I think next step now is to get some more case fans, and redesign the cabling and airflow. For now the FTP is serving the Rock and Comedy MP3s until I get this sorted.

Stay tuned,
F35

No comments: