http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16824254026
If I didn't have to save money up for some car work, I'd be buying one to replace my TV. Granted it is NOT a tv, it doesn't have a tuner. Also it has some limitations on the inputs if you are wanting to send it component and other stuff. But as a monitor, its hands down rockin.
One caveat. I bought mind at Best Buy when they still carried them, so if it had dead pixels (it didn't which is awesome) I could have taken it back. I'm unclear on newegg's dead pixel policy (I read it once, and forgot it), but that's the only thing I can't vouch for. The product though is amazing.
F35
Also if you were to get one, these are the settings I found in a forum post. They are the ones I use, and I once I made these adjustments it made the monitor look so much better.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Begin Paste-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I bought this monitor for photo editing and have been pretty happy so far. It has the typical TN issues, but I'm willing to let them slide because of the value for such a large display. I calibrated my LCD using an Eye-One colorimeter to a whitepoint of 6500K with a gamma of 2.2. It really helped the image. Here are my calibrated settings if you're curious. I'm not sure if they will translate to other monitors as there may be other factors at play.
HF289H settings:
Brightness - 58
Contrast - 75
X-contrast - off
Color settings (set to user):
R 67
G 64
B 54
HF289H settings:
Brightness - 58
Contrast - 75
X-contrast - off
Color settings (set to user):
R 67
G 64
B 54
No comments:
Post a Comment