Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has a great holiday tomorrow, I know I will. I am off work the next 4 days, and my brand new video card arrived yesterday so I have a long glorious weekend of pumping every game I have up to the highest settings and watching them oooze video goodness all over my monster monitor. Good times. Been playing a lot of different games. Over the past few weeks I have finished Dead Space and Fallout 3 (both excellent games, Fallout 3 is the clear winner though. The visual delight of watching an attacking goon's head pop off after blasting it at point blank with a combat shotgun has to been seen. ) This week I've been mainly playing Left 4 Dead, which some time also spent playing Neverwinter Nights 2. After these two its back to Far Cry 2 and then maybe Mass Effect or one of the other games I have waiting in the wings.

So my new card is an EVGA Geforce GTX 260 (core 216) with 896MB of DDR3 ram. Its sized like a montster and performs like one. The manufacturer recommends a 500watt power supply so my new power supply should get delivered today, but last night just for kicks (and impatience) I threw the new card in, and its running like a champ on my Antec SU380 (380watts) power supply that came with my case. So I'm not going to come out and say that EVGA was wrong, I'm sure they were just covering their ass, but just saying you can get away with stuff a lot of the times.

Going out with some of my old CitiFi friends from my old job tonight. Going to a new place that opened in Federal Hill called Abbey Burger Bristro. Should be fun, looking forward to it.

No comments: